31 May 2012

Something to be proud of...

I made a vow nearly three years ago that I would treat the DEB to a trip to China for our joint birthday in August 2012. It's been a challenge, but I've done it! I have squirreled away all my pounds and random pence for the better part of a year and a half, and I have just today made the final payment on our mega-excursion to the Far East!


It is a wonderful and much-needed sense of achievement. I set my mind to it, and I did it! Despite my constant and ongoing struggle to find consistent work. 


I did it. 


And, it was worth all the blood, sweat and tears to see the DEB's face on New Year's Eve, when he opened his fortune cookie to find that he would be going on a holiday of a lifetime! It's something he's always wanted to do, and I thought, why not, I'm going to make that happen for him!


That's not to say I'm not looking forward to it, too. China has definitely been on my "Must Go To" list, as well, although right now, I must say, I'd love a holiday somewhere hot and sunny, with a beach and a pool!


But, I sure this trip will be unforgettable. It already has been. Sometimes, it's the little victories in life that mean the most.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well done you for meeting such a lovely goal! You're going on the trip I've always wanted to do, but since my darling Brit husband has no desire to travel to China, I may have to go there with my daughter one day.