30 April 2011

Wasn't it marvelous?

.... And wasn't she gorgeous? Just lovely...




I loved everything about the Royal Wedding. This girl's got great taste! The dress, her hair, the trees in the Abbey, all just s0 serene, elegant and romantic.
More than anything, I adored her bouquet: Lillies-of-the-valley, Sweet William, Hyacinths and Myrtle.
A whole host of "Fashion" commentators are bemoaning the choice as too "dainty" and "small". I couldn't disagree more!
I think Kate's choice was utterly inspired, understated and elegant. Perfect.
Comparisons are being (rightly, I feel) made to Kate's bridal aesthetic and that of the legendary Grace Kelly.

4 comments:

Expat mum said...

Agree. Anyway, the last thing you need when you're balancing a tiara and dragging a 9 foot train is a long bouquet!

Victoria Plum said...

Wasn't it wonderful? We were glued to the TV all day! And her evening dress ... absolutely beautiful! I thought her bouquet was so elegant....hope your street party went well!

Spike said...

I was blown away... The dress... sheer perfection. How great were the lace sleeves??? TO DIE FOR!!!

breathtaking...

Unknown said...

I got myself up at 4am to watch it. It was more amazing than I expected. I enjoyed every second, and I was lucky to have my boyfriend of 11 years, who was enjoying a "bank holiday", on the phone with me. It was a great way to start my day.