17 March 2011

From little acorns ...

As usual, I have bitten off more than I can chew...
The DEB and I are participating in the Swimathon for Marie Curie Cancer Care in April. We're completing a 10K swim in our tiny, 9m, leisure club pool.
Well, in an effort to meet our fundraising goal, I decided to have a Coffee Morning at St. Peter's Church on 4 April. Got the approval, permission, etc.

Problem #1: I know NOTHING about arranging/organising Coffee Mornings.

Then, it occurred to me that everyone loves a good Raffle. So, I put out some tentative feelers on raffle prizes, and have had an overwhelmingly positive response. 
I've got a pair of incredible "pamper packages" from two different Beauty establishments; a family ticket to Charlecote Park; a year-long subscription to Warwickshire Life; and a rug from Polished Floor in Leamington Spa.

Problem #2: I know NOTHING about arranging/organising Raffles!


So, now, I am completely panicked, and left to wade through the Gambling Commission's mind-numbing pages and pages of "Rules for Running Raffles, Lotteries and Prize Draws" ...
Ugh!
What have got myself into? 
Did I really need another challenge? 

No comments: